Veteran Recruitment / Talent Acquisition Specialist
Are you a military veteran who is enthusiastic, energetic, target focused and highly motivated? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, people-oriented environment? Want a career where you are rewarded for your success and have the opportunity to assist fellow veterans in their transition to civilian careers? FDM is currently seeking a high-caliber Veteran Recruitment Specialist to source and assess military veterans for FDM’s unique Careers Program.
FDM Group is an international IT services provider and an award-winning organization recognized for our ongoing commitment to veterans. The FDM Veterans Initiative provides military veterans with a comprehensive career transition solution that begins with intensive training in disciplines with both business and technical focus, followed by employment working with our prestigious clients as IT and business Consultants. FDM takes a number of key measures to ensure our veterans a successful transition through our program, which is why we have been selected as a CivilianJobs.com Most Valuable Employer for Military Winner as well as a Military Times Best for Vets Employer for 2016.
The Veteran Recruitment Specialist will work closely with both FDM’s Head of Veteran Initiatives and US Recruitment Team, facilitating the recruitment, employment and retention of veterans at FDM. You will be working within a motivated and sociable team and must be able to demonstrate good teamwork. This role will also require the cultivation of relationships with veteran-oriented organizations and transition programs, and so must possess impeccable interpersonal and communication skills. You will also be self-motivated, organized, and target-driven.
The experience gained in this position helps to lay an essential foundation of understanding on FDM’s business model, equipping you with a well-rounded perspective on the business. For those who demonstrate the interest and aptitude, FDM Recruiters may have the opportunity to progress into more client-facing roles.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional or military experience
- Outstanding communication skills, significant professional interaction experience (heavy phone, email, and letter), and strong negotiation skills
- Highly organized and efficient, as well as the ability to manage multiple tasks, calendars, and processes simultaneously
- Motivated by a target-driven environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Technical proficiency, including the ability to quickly master operational systems such as Salesforce and proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Eligible to work in the US
Desirable Criteria (not essential):
- Additional languages
- Previous experience working in military recruitment
To apply: Please submit your résumé.
FDM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, provincial, or local laws.
Back to top