Technical Trainer/Instructor – Java Development, Application Support, or PMO
Technical Trainer / Instructor – Java Development, Application Support, or PMO
FDM is seeking a number of skilled Technical Trainers with proven commercial experience to join us in our Training Academy in New York. We have current openings for roles teaching courses including Java Development, Application Support, and Project Management.
FDM Group is a global IT services provider with a dedication to technical excellence and professional development. Following the organization’s outstanding growth, FDM has been voted 9th in The Top 50 Companies To Work For on TheJobCrowd.com and is renowned for its impressive client base and dynamic corporate culture.
Globally, we have the demand to train up to hundreds of graduates at any one time, and we are looking to grow our training team in the United States. The overall objective of the role is to prepare FDM trainees for placement with our clients as professional IT Consultants.
The successful candidate will join our Academy team where they will be trained to deliver our core course modules. He or she will be actively involved in developing the skills and knowledge of our trainees as well as creating new courses and updating existing materials.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic company and work in our downtown New York office, helping to develop and expand our already successful training program.
For further information on FDM, please visit our website: www.fdmgroup.com
If you meet the below criteria, please send your CV to [email protected] for immediate review.
• A degree (postgraduate and above in an IT related field preferred)
• Eligible to work in the United States
• Industry experience of 4-5 years
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Able to deliver within an agreed timeframe
• Able to translate business requirements into a dynamic training course
• Able to work with clients and other trainers to extract relevant information for inclusion in a training course
• Able to work with the recruitment team to induct the best talent into the academy’s training courses
• Self-motivated and able to work under pressure
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Able to use initiative
• Able to motivate and mentor trainees
• Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts
• Java programming experience (preferably Enterprise Java)
• Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
• Hands-on experience with enterprise technologies and frameworks, e.g. Hibernate, Spring etc. is a plus
• Strong understanding of RDBMS concepts, and hands-on experience working with databases
• Good understanding of the Unix operating system (must be comfortable with shell scripting)
• Familiar with industry best practices
(For Application Support / PMO)
• IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) background
• Experience with system administration in Windows and Unix environments
• Experience in Business Analysis and Project Management is a plus
• Strong Excel skills, with knowledge of VBA
• Excellent problem solving skills
FDM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
Meet Some of FDM Group's Employees
Academy Trainer & Administration Manager
Tracy is FDM's Academy Administration Manager in North America. As a Professional Skills Trainer, she also helps new trainees prepare for their roles in the corporate world.
Back to top