VP, Single-Family Digital Product Pricing Transformation
- Washington, DC
Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
The Vice President of SFDP Pricing Transformation will have product development responsibility for a full suite of applications supporting Capital Markets' ability to manage pricing execution across the lifecycle of a mortgage loan. This role will partner closely with peers across the product organization, Single-Family business leadership, and Fannie Mae's technology teams to build out the pricing infrastructure for Capital Markets and deliver a seamless experience for its customers.
This officer will be responsible for monitoring and staying up to date with technology trends and proactively advising, guiding and implementing new solutions based on changes in the marketplace central to this mandate. As a core member of Fannie Mae's leadership team, this individual must be strategic and pragmatic in order to drive delivery and execution in a matrixed operating environment towards a "north star" product vision. The individual must also apply a deep understanding of the Single-Family mortgage industry with technology trends, solutions, and business in order to enable new and evolving business and operating models. This role reports to the SVP of the SF Digital Products Capital Markets organization.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES
• Lead the product team to develop a product roadmap that delivers on the vision defined for the company. Explicitly outline the systems and processes needed to drive the execution of Fannie Mae's pricing and execution infrastructure, creating a strong feedback loop and a seamless solution for customers
• Help lead and set the company's strategic direction, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working in close concert with executive leadership, Fannie Mae's technology team and various business teams, to articulate specific goals
• Communicate and collaborate closely with engineering, design, marketing, business development, sales, and other key constituents within the company. Drive alignment around new product features/capabilities and ensure expectations are managed to address customer requirements and market dynamics
• Own the delivery and clear messaging of the product strategy and the digital transformational goals for the entire product ecosystem
• Execute against a product roadmap that produces scalable, secure and profitable output. Pursue clear differentiation in usability and preference in the market
• Manage the product teams and assure that key leaders are nurtured, developed, and/or recruited. Set aggressive yet realistic and practical goals for the team with clear objectives regarding measurement, results and accountability of actions
• Lead the ideation, agile development, and launch of innovative products
• Prioritize needs and investments in our digital capabilities based upon sales and relationship insight, competitive positioning, industry research and regulatory requirements
• Organize, research and analyze customer needs to build product roadmap. Bridge the technical and business worlds, ensuring we are building the right products with a combination of vision, market/user/competitor research and usage metrics
• Influence and drive delivery across virtual teams of world-class engineers and designers outside of the direct reporting line
• Understand Fannie Mae's strategic and competitive position and our customer's business model to deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
• Document existing workflows, analyze existing capabilities and identify priority gaps and opportunities
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 10+ years of experience in product management across the mortgage lifecycle leading high-performance teams in a variety of organizations and environments
- Experience leading cross-functional teams ideally within a financial service or B2C technology environment
- Expert in product development with strong technical or product expertise, including the ability to manage multiple product teams
- Deep understanding of the Single-Family mortgage industry and extensive knowledge of pricing and best execution systems
- Experience working in B2B financial services or B2C technology environments and/or strong secondary marketing experiences in order to enable new and evolving business and operating models
- Strong ability to collaborate with senior level executives and across broad organizations including technology, design, marketing, sales, operations, and finance
- Proven results-oriented leadership; working with a sense of urgency and a focus on developing talent
- Familiarity with agile product development or OKR methodologies with squad or tribe structures
- Demonstrated customer centric and design-led commercial mindset
- Knowledge of what it takes to build a scalable Digital Platform, shared components and services that can serve multiple distribution channels
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Back to top