VP & CFO, Technology & Operations
- Washington, DC
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
The VP & CFO leads the finance function and is a key business leader and partner for our COO division, which encapsulates all of Enterprise Technology, Data, Operations, and the Program Management Office for Fannie Mae. The role is responsible for oversight of the COO business unit's financial performance, inclusive of planning, forecasting and budgeting, management reporting and analysis, oversight of new business initiatives, as well as the application of the company's accounting and tax policies to the COO business. This leader is a key business partner to the Chief Operating Officer and will drive financial accountability and consequences in the COO organization. This leader will also act as a business operating leader and change agent taking responsibility for the financial and operational results of the COO function. The role will report to the SVP, Finance and Deputy CFO.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
• Provide senior financial leadership for an organization with a $1+B in expense split, driven overwhelmingly by Technology which entails 2,000+ full-time employees and contractors in a transitioning spend model.
• Provide reporting, analysis and forecasting to facilitate strategic decision making and to track performance to operating goals.
• Act as a trusted advisor to the Chief Operating Officer and the rest of Technology leadership; promote the role as an objective sounding board and broker of tough messages to ensure accountability.
• Achieve a deep understanding of the goals and activities in the technology organization; identify risks, opportunities and drive collaboration to achieve results.
• Communicate effectively at the highest levels of the organization with the ability to articulate key messages clearly and simply and respond both to questions and issues knowledgeably and with confidence; prepare and deliver communications describing COO's strategies for change, operational effectiveness, and financial results to the CEO, the Executive Committee, regulators and the Fannie Mae Board of Directors.
• Enable cross-collaboration across divisions and business units to create tools and processes that support reporting, analysis and forecasting.
• Lead the budget and reporting process and assume shared ownership for the delivery of COO's financial and operational goals.
• Provide managerial oversight to the COO Finance team; develop and retain talent to ensure optimal ensure business success
Bachelors degree required and Masters degree preferred, especially in an applicable technical field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE • At least 15 years of corporate financial leadership experience required, and ideally 10+ years of human capital management.
• Experience as CFO to a large, complex technology environment or related technical area, ideally at a publicly traded organization.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS • Broad knowledge of technology: infrastructure, software development lifecycle, governance, business architecture, data architecture, Agile project management and vendor costs.
• Expertise in financial analysis, forecasting, budgeting, reporting and project finance.
• A background in managing IT expense with application in Agile, portfolio allocations, strategic planning, and resource attribution highly preferred.
• Experience in managing a transitioning expense spend model.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top