Systems Analyst - AWS, SQL
- Herndon, VA
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Design and develop computer applications and systems from existing systems, user needs and specifications, and software design constraints and software capabilities. Use structured methodology to define needs, develop and documenting technical requirements, and define coding specifications. May work with off-the shelf application software, proprietary organization application, or enterprise software which is being modified or customized for a particular report or analytic purpose. Brings to bear both knowledge of computer systems' capabilities and limitations and the business needs of client. May spec out estimated time and resources needed for a project.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with the business unit or other subject matter experts to identify or refine technical requirements for application under development or being revised.
- Document requirements for enhancements for specific application.
- Review and/or contribute content to requirements, design, or test documentation.
- Perform data analysis at various stages of project, in order to assure development of a quality application. Analysis can include requirements development, testing, or user acceptance.
- Contribute to application test plan, and evaluate test results to assist development or test staff.
- Assist project manager in task identification, resource allocations and schedule estimates for staff on assigned project in order to help keep project resourced appropriately and on track. May take lead on small projects or on segment of larger projects.
- Provide business domain and/or technology and/or process expertise and mentoring to others on team. Prepare or contribute to briefings of application owners at pertinent stages of project.
Education Level Required
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- Master or Other Advanced Degree
- Computer Science
- 8-10 years of related experience
- Strong data analysis work on AWS data storage services S3, Redshift, Glue, Dynamo DB etc.
- Very strong SQL programming skills
- Hands on experience with Oracle or equivalent RDBMS, SQL client tools such as Toad, Zeppelin notebooks, SQL Plus other SQL clients
- Strong MS Excel/Power-point skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a bigger team
- Tableau and/or Micro-Strategy reports/analytics experience
- Knowledge and experience with Tibco ESB/Messaging services
- Experience in ServiceNow or equivalent ticketing system
- Knowledge of Financial Products, Risk Management, Portfolio Management will be a plus but not mandatory
- A background in Finance or degree in Finance (Undergrad or Graduate program)
- ITIL, AWS certifications would be good to have
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top