- Herndon, VA
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
Education Level Required
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- Business or Computer Science
- Specialized training in specific platforms, enterprise
- 4-6 years of related experience; Experienced with Agile practices/ methodologies (e.g. Scrum, TDD, BDD, etc).
- Practical knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach individuals, teams, and teams of teams
- Monitor progress during the release and proactively managing program level risks, blockers, and impediments
- Leverage Agile tool data in team reviews and decisions
- Communicate progress and status of key business value drivers to an executive management audience.
- Lead the Scrum of Scrums in Agile ceremonies including: release planning, release commitment, demos, and retrospectives.
- 8+ or more years as a project/ program manager in the software industry
- 4+ or more years in an Agile environment working with Scrum, Kanban
- 2+ or more years as a people manager and/or team lead
- 1+ years of experience in Design, Development, Implementation of client - server technology based applications
- 1+ years of hands on experience in AWS like Amazon EC2, Amazon S3
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top