Senior Software Engineer – Integration - API - AWS
- Herndon, VA
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career
As a Software Engineer on the Corporate Systems Technology Team, you will partner with Enterprise Planning and prioritization (EPP) to support enterprise planning and prioritization toolsets like Planview Enterprise One and Enterprise Project Server.
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Work within Agile framework to own task and working independently to completion by participating in daily scrum.
- Contribute towards problem solving, designing solutions and testing SaaS applications.
- Collaborate with tech and business team members for diagnosing and troubleshooting production issues.
- Identify operational efficiencies for improvement.
- Support business applications and toolsets.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e. g. Java, C#, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience (Required)
- 4-6 years of related experience
- Experience with SaaS Enterprise PPM Applications (Planview Enterprise One, Microsoft Enterprise Project Server, etc.)
- Experience with managing and querying databases
- Experience with API Development and Microservices
- Experience with Python
- Experience building in AWS Platforms (Lambda, S3 Buckets, integrations, etc.)
- BA Degree in Business or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience working with Enterprise level SAAS platforms
- Experience working with ETL Tools
- Experience working with business stakeholders and technical teams
- Experience in enterprise monitoring and logging (Splunk)
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Back to top