Senior Salesforce Engineer
- Reston, VA
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit www.fanniemae.com/progress.
Are you interested in being a part of a high performing team and working alongside of intelligent individuals? The Customer Engagement Technology team is looking for a Senior Salesforce Developer in Reston, Va. This person would get exposure working on a wide breadth of Salesforce modules on a team that has the biggest Salesforce implementation within Fannie Mae. In terms of the adoption of the latest Salesforce features and developer tools, because this team is working with such cutting-edge technologies, they are one of the first and best in the area in adoption of new features. This senior person would be expected to motivate and encourage team to spend time on self-development.
This person will be working with modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. This person will be leading or playing a lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. This person will also participate in or review of all the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
Education Level Required
• Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred
• Business or Computer Science
• Specialized training in specific platforms, enterprise
• 4-6 years of related experience; Experienced with Agile practices/ methodologies (e.g. Scrum, TDD, BDD, etc).
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Expected to know best practices in Salesforce solutioning, and mentor junior developers
Leverage Salesforce configuration where appropriate to solve business requirements
Custom lightning application development
Experience implementing Salesforce security and data models
Workflow automation through various Salesforce process tools
Customize through Apex/Triggers and maintain Test Classes in Salesforce
Strong analytical skills and team skills
Maintain strong relationships with Product/Business teams
Experienced in the use of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson, etc.) and use of Salesforce IDES (e.g. Dev Console, VSCode, IntelliJ, etc.)
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top