Senior Java Developer (Splunk & Spring)
- Reston, VA
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a Senior Java Developer (Spring & Splunk), you will be responsible for working on stories, mentoring teammates, cross collaboration with other teams, and interactions with product owner. This is a problem-solving role. Given the Fannie Mae enterprise-wide trajectory and where we are headed in regards to digital transformation, there is no status quo here. This is a constantly changing environment where you will be learning new skills on the job. There is constant adapting to new process change and new tech stacks. This is a great opportunity for someone to come in and get hands on experience in AWS. Additionally, there will be automating a number of roles so software engineering environment is more touch/hands free.
Use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Software Engineer III role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects. Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents. Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate. Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production. Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives. Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process. Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. Set up and configure a continuous integration environment. Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e. g. Java, etc). Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Education Level (Required)
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Areas of Study (Preferred)
- Business or Computer Science
- Specialized training in specific platforms, enterprise
- 4-6 years of related experience; Experienced with Agile practices/ methodologies (e. g. Scrum, TDD, BDD, etc).
- Spring Integration experience with message / REST based service orchestration Building Advanced Dashboards using Splunk C++ experience Auth 2 XML processing of complex models Aurora GDB with Audit Steams Cucumber Selenium Experienced in the use of continuous integration tools (e. g. Jenkins, Hudson, etc) and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, etc).
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Back to top