Senior Data Science Analyst
- Plano, TX
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to work with exceptional people and help make an impact on the future of the housing industry. Join us and be part of an inclusive, supportive team thriving in an energizing, collaborative environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a Data Science Analyst III, you will a ct as team lead to produce insights, new product or change recommendations, process improvement or automation, and predictive modeling. Applies a variety of data mining, data analysis, statistical, and econometric methods to deploy new analytical capabilities and applications. Partners with and coordinates existing data engineering and data management teams. Applies data mining techniques to external or created data sources in preparation for analysis or use of enterprise data assets. Coaches and mentors less experienced associates. Additionally, you will be responsible for the following:
- Work or educational background in one or more of the following areas: operations research, computer science, Mathematics, data science, business analytics, or knowledge management.
- Demonstrated experience programming with R/Python, Linux, and Spark in AWS cloud environment, or knowledge and algorithmic design experience in C#/C++ (3+ years)
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and relational database technologies, such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, RDS, Redshift, Hadoop EMR, Hive, etc.
- Demonstrated experience processing structured and unstructured data sources, data cleansing, data normalization and prep for analysis
- Demonstrated experience with machine learning techniques including natural language processing.
- Demonstrated experience using Apache Hadoop and/or Apache Spark stack for big data processing, or comparable distributed computing platforms.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Coordinates product/business owners across divisions or product lines, data engineers, and platform teams to define needs and advise on current capabilities, data availability and alternative uses.
- Leads the implementation of new statistical modeling capabilities requiring the coordination of multiple processes, systems, or stakeholder groups.
- Uses advanced predictive analytic capabilities to enhance the delivery of business applications to support the integration of data and statistical models or algorithms. Applies new or novel practices in research and testing to product development, deployment, and maintenance. Assesses the complexity of the business challenge and designs tailored solutions.
- Designs new analytic applications to support risk measurement, financial valuation, decision making, and business performance. Applies machine learning experience to enhance operational efficiencies and solve complex business problems.
- Designs data visualizations, technical documentation and non-technical presentation material to communicate new ideas and high-impact solutions to business partners.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Education Level (Required)
- Basic requirements:
- PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 3+ years of experience in CS,CE,ML or related fields.
- Phd with specialization in Econometrics, statistics and ML .
- Experience working effectively with financial data, data processing, and modeling
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Back to top