At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will act as a team lead in the designing, producing, testing, or implementing software, technology, or processes, as well as lead processes for creating and maintaining IT architecture, large scale data stores, and cloud-based systems.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Corporate Functions Technology - Software Engineering - Lead Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Independently determine the needs of the customer while identifying and resolving conflicting or complementary needs across customer groups.
- Applying advanced skill, knowledge and experience, design and develop software solutions to meet customer needs.
- Use a process-driven approach to leading design solutions.
- Implement new software technology and coordinate simultaneous implementation tasks across teams.
- May maintain or oversee the maintenance of existing software.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience leading technical and project teams from inception to delivery.
- Experience guiding team in strategy development to ensure timely, cost-effective, and efficient delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Experience working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal
- Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in effort to meet strategic objectives
- Influencing skills to include negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- Relationship Management skills to include managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- Experience identifying measures, or indicators of system performance, and the actions needed to improve or correct performance to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience determining causes of operating errors and taking corrective action
- Programming skills to include coding & debugging using relevant programming languages
- Skilled in ServiceNow to include custom application development, Integrated Risk Management, ITSM, Service Catalog, CMDB, IT Asset Management
- Experience using APIs for developing or programming software
- Skilled in Java
- Skilled in JSON
- Skilled in HTML
- Skilled in CSS
- Skilled in Oracle PL/SQL, SQL
- Skilled in using Cucumber for supporting Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Skilled in using Selenium for testing
- Skilled in Jenkins
- Skilled in Docker
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of hands-on design, development and code review of Full-Stack Application Development experience, preferably within large enterprise environments
- ServiceNow to include Discovery Tools
- Skilled in cloud technologies and cloud computing, specifically with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Job REF ID: REF1921U
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at email@example.com.