Engineering Manager - Workday Integration
- Herndon, VA
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Software Engineer Manager role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
• Manage the implementation of ERP/SaaS and financial reporting Applications used by the Finance/BU-CFO teams to run their business operations.
• Lead the adoption of target state cloud transformation programs including migration to cloud services like AWS.
• Collaborating with Product and Program Managers to develop a long-term roadmap with achievable estimates; ensuring software engineering priorities are included within the roadmaps.
• Working closely with software engineers and other engineering managers to architect, develop and deliver the best solutions.
• Guide project's roadmap, lending expertise and strategic thinking to ensure business alignment.
• Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives where needed. Leverage Fannie Mae DevSecOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features. May serve as architect or project lead in course of large or complex project.
• Oversee the alignment of upstream/downstream systems to ensure a successful and efficient roll-out of Workday and ensure issue-free financial close.
• Collaborate with Architecture to refine the strategy for systems integrations with On-prem/Cloud internal/external systems, workflows, reporting and architecture to scale.
• Partner with business operations teams to optimize the new Workday Cloud ERP Platform.
• Refine strategy and management of Reference Data, Finance Data, Single Sign-On (SSO) for authentication and SailPoint for user provisioning, User Collaboration tools, Tenant management and systems monitoring.
• Ensure Corporate Applications are properly supported in Production.
• Facilitate proper reporting and mitigation of Level 2/3 issues.
• Own data integrity defines reportable KPIs and service level agreements.
• Partner with InfoSec to execute IT solutions in line with security policies and remediate app-sec findings.
• Positive leader who can motivate a team of young and experienced Software Engineers and foster an environment of innovation, collaboration and problem solving to deliver results.
• Be a coach, mentor and advisor who communicates performance reviews, provides real-time, constructive feedback, and invests in a culture of learning to deepen the team's technical knowledge and skills.
• Network with peers and industry leaders to stay aligned with new solutions in the marketplace. Attend seminars and evaluate new technology concepts and innovations.
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Education Level and Area of Study (Required)
•Bachelor's degree or Equivalent
•Business or Computer Science
•5+ years of experience in a management position.
•5+ years of proven experience in ERP Applications.
•3+ years' experience in implementing cloud-based SaaS ERP and other Cloud systems.
Experience with Workplace productivity solutions: Teams, Jira, Office365 etc.
Experience with Cloud technologies: AWS Ecosystem.
•Highly experienced with Agile practices/methodologies. Highly experienced in the use continuous integration tools and infrastructure automation,
•Expert proficiency in programming and knowledge of design patterns. Demonstrable proficiency of modern software engineering and testing disciplines.
•Experience working in Workday and/or PeopleSoft Financials or other best-of-breed SaaS ERP Solutions
•Experience working with cloud platforms like AWS or Azure.
•Experience working with DevSecOps tools for both greenfield and cloud native technologies.
•Highly experienced with Agile practices/methodologies.
•Technical background in application integration tools and native APIs to enable workflows and data feeds between SaaS and other internal/external applications.
•In depth understanding of data collection, dataflow management, data quality, data security, and data standards.
•Understanding of Finance Business Process
•Seasoned leader who can develop strong cross-departmental partnerships with business and technology.
•Ability to lead, motivate, and unify teams in a globally distributed, remote workforce via multiple communication channels (e.g., email, Teams etc.)
•Ability to drive projects, mitigate risk, and meet deadlines in an environment of rapid change and innovation.
•Ability to facilitate structured meetings and clearly communicate expectations and accountability.
•Absolute integrity, discretion and sensitivity to confidential company and employee information.
•In-depth understanding Data Security, Sox Compliance and Segregation of Duties.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Back to top