- Reston, VA
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As a Cloud Architect IV, you will plan and design methods for the optimization and integration of various forms of technology systems or policies and high level principals. Apply varied engineering and design theories to produce robust, integrated functioning of various systems, technology interfaces, and/or overarching information policies and high-level principles. Assess functioning of overall technology and communications systems and end-to-end processes and to look for ways to upgrade and optimize systems and processes in the future. Work across the architecture and technology organization to ensure effective implementation, architecture compliance and conflict resolution. May participate in projects to upgrade or install workstations, networks, or software, or to assess and optimize overall functioning of technology, data and processes.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- May serve as lead or technical expert to define and maintain the architectural frameworks/patterns, processes, standards and guidelines related to systems, business or data architecture.
- Define core and support technology, data entities, business functions and/or subject areas that transcend organizational and functional boundaries.
- Provide technical and architectural subject matter expertise to the various development teams including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other technical staff around the various development technologies and decisions.
- Identify core common data shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise wide efforts to reach common understanding of those data.
- May serve as lead, technical expert or project manager to team(s) concerned with development, networking and/or project management to coordinate changes and support enterprise technology initiatives.
- Conduct studies of new technologies to provide more efficient and cost effective architecture solutions
- Oversee multiple projects in order to preserve the architectural vision and protect stakeholder interests as well as to meeet operational and financial reporting requirements
- Confer with business units and application development staff to understand both the business and technical requirements and to define architectural constraints
- Create performance metrics and traceability maps to determine the effectiveness of architecture solutions and facilitate governance. Keep abreast of relevant architecture best practices.
- May review work of other team members and mentor junior architects
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Demonstrated work experience in creation of architecture blueprints, architecture support for Agile implementations & Architecture Sprints
- Experience in driving architecture and business innovation thought process
- Experience in Financial Services industry is highly desired
- Clearly communicates and presents analyses and results and persuades others by supporting ideas with logical arguments/data
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills, and experience in coaching and mentoring senior architects
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of cloud-native architecture, microservice architecture, reactive/event-driven architecture, design thinking, user experience, data analytics, security and DevOps/CI/CD principles
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge of Mortgage industry business process
- AWS certified solution architect professional preferred
- 2+ years of Cloud Architecture experience preferred
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Areas of Study (Preferred)
- Computer Science or Engineering
- 6-8 years of related experience
**Please note that this invitation is NOT an active opening/posting. Submitting an application constitutes an expression of interest in similar current and future openings at Fannie Mae. A recruiter will review your qualifications and if your skillset aligns to our openings , you may be contacted.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top