AWS Database Cloud Engineer
- Reston, VA
AWS DATABASE CLOUD ENGINEER
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize the nation's housing finance system while being part of an inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise, and make your career.
As an AWS Database Cloud Engineer, You will be instrumental in driving a lot of databases and data analytics related cloud solutioning for AWS Native products like Aurora Postgres, Redshift, DynamoDB and EMR. You will work towards customer adoption of AWS and will be heavily involved in driving process, operational automation and integrating AWS native database services with monitoring eco system.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Work with database engineers working on on-premise RDBMS, and help them and the applications they support, migrate to AWS native solutions.
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Work with various departments like Cloud engineering, Information Security, Production support while creating cloud solutions.
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
- Play a key role in driving Fannie Mae's AWS transformation and adoption
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science
- 5+ years of hands on experience working with Big Data, Hadoop, Cloud IAAS, PaaS solutions
- 5+ years of hands on experience working with Oracle RDBMS
- 3+ years of scripting knowledge (Perl, Unix shell, Python)
- Experience with Jenkins, CICD, UCD, version control tools
- Experience with NoSQL database
- Certified in Oracle, AWS technologies
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful job applicants will be required to successfully complete a background investigation.
Back to top