Technical Program Manager - Security Domain
- Atlanta, GA
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
The goal of the Technical Programs organization is to own the delivery of critical technical programs that improve the state of our technology, the lives of our engineers and the experience of out customers. We are not simply facilitators. We bring our technical depth to bear, helping to define complex architecture across multiple verticals, leading technical trade off discussions, owning the schedule, milestones, and risks for our program, and being the single accountable owner for its successful delivery.
Security is a fundamental part of how we build our solutions. You will be a thought leader within the engineering organization on all aspects of security. Are we building with security in mind from the architecture up? Can we foresee potential security risks and mitigate them before they happen? What are the current standards and industry best practices on security? You will dive deep to ensure we can answer these questions and work in conjunction with your engineering partners to drive the highest level of security practices across the full Engineering organization.
In this role, you will be a leader in the Engineering organization fully accountable for the delivery of a critical program. Working within and outside of Engineering, you will define a “North Star” for the program, working across multiple verticals to manage dependencies, advocate for the prioritization of this work, and track progress using data and key milestones. To be successful, you’ll need to understand not only the design considerations of a technical solution but the larger business context. You will be a subject matter expert for this program, partnering with product, commercial, and engineering to ensure we balance customer experience (quality, depth of features, etc.) with speed of delivery. You’ll work diligently to meet timelines, mitigate risks, and use data to drive your decisions. You’ll work independently to be design decisions and bring to Sr. Engineers for final input. Technical design experience, program management and executive presentation skills are critical.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Own a large technical program with significant impact across the entire engineering organization
- Manage the entire lifecycle of a critical program, defining its “North Star” and how we iteratively deliver against it.
- Demonstrate intense ownership for your program, stepping in to own and resolve issues/risks before they impact the program
- Provide visibility into the status of the program catered to multiple audiences, both with human perspective and using data
- Use your engineering know how to identify architectural weakness and pressure-test designs
- Serve as a subject matter expert and single point of contact for the program. Grow into your role and be willing to learn
- Negotiate for resources and priorities using data and your referent authority
- Escalate when necessary appropriately
- Balance trade-off decisions between short-term and long-term needs
- Actively mentor other TPMs and engineers
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- A minimum of 3+ years of Technical Program Management experience preferred
- Experience in a working in a regulatory environment such as gaming, finance or health
- Familiarity with security standards such as ISO 270001
- Proven track record of ownership and driving security or compliance programs.
- Experience driving out complex cross-cutting technology programs
- Demonstrated experience force multiplying
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Background with engineering programs. You can lead design discussions working with other Engineers.
- Experience in the engineering field with an understanding of how to leverage processes to deliver more effectively
- Ability to understand architectural concepts such as scaling, robustness, etc. and design systems that demonstrate these concepts
- Previous TPM experience working with multiple teams in a scaled organization or similar Program Management experience with engineering teams
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
Back to top