Senior Software Engineer - Release Engineering
- Nuevo Laredo, Mexico
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favourite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our Roster has a spot with your name on it
We’re looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others. As a software engineer, you will work in empowered, multidisciplinary teams, autonomously tackling complex challenges that provide the very best experiences and products for a growing community of millions of players.
The Release Engineering team build automated capabilities that enable development teams to manage their release / change control processes and data, maximizing the velocity at which they can deliver new functionality to our customers. Our stack includes AWS, Python, Lambda, Terraform, Glue, S3, Aurora, AWS REST API gateway and Buildkite.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Design, build and support, tools and frameworks that enable product development teams to manage their release/change control processes and data.
- Provide capabilities that help manage product release trains for features that require regulator oversight.
- Explore a multitude of technology to solve complex problems.
- Write good, professional, code following best practices.
- Reflect our values in day-to-day working.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Strong sense of ownership, with demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products and services.
- Experience working with an AWS technical stack or similar.
- Proficient in OOP and scripting for automation tooling.
- Experience with transforming and structuring data e.g. into SQL.
- Understanding of source control management e.g. GitHub.
- Familiarity with configuration management e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Flexible in learning and working with new technologies.
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues across the company.
- Some experience of mentoring more junior staff.
- Loves automation.
- You believe anything is possible and that great teams achieve great things together.
Bonus points for
- Experience with API development.
- Demonstrated use of artifact control tools (Nexus, Artifactory, Image repositories).
- Experience with CI tools.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
Back to top