FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans, every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
As a valued member of the Security Operations Center (SOC) team, the Security Analyst will be responsible for early and accurate detection, response and containment of threats directed against the environment. This role requires advanced skills in intrusion detection and threat hunting to identify credible risks/adversaries to proprietary and sensitive data before a potential breach. Collaboration with security engineers, developers, vendors and business units to constantly improve the overall security posture will be the key to success at FanDuel Group. We’re looking for a team player with highly technical analytical skills.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Monitor and analyze network, server, endpoint, database and application activity for indicators of compromise and continuously tune rules to reduce false positives
- Incident response for workforce and client-side applications
- Hunt for existing and new threats within the network and endpoints
- Scan, assess and mitigate vulnerabilities on internal company assets and FanDuel Group hybrid cloud-based customer platform
- Investigate phishing email reports and interface with users in a professional manner
- Contribute to information security process improvement and documentation
- Keep current with cybersecurity news and technologies to implement new features in existing security solutions as well as strategically put new solutions on the roadmap
- Identify, evaluate and conduct proof-of-concepts for new technologies and collaborate with security engineers on implementation
- Develop business relationships and integrate activities with other departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts
- Mentor business units in understanding and adhering to cybersecurity guidelines and best practices at work and home. Promote knowledge sharing within the technical communities
- Foster and maintain good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Be responsible for all aspects of security and ensure remediation of issues (e.g. user access, regulatory, compliance) and/or automated methods to inhibit violations of security
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Solid experience working in cybersecurity operations and incident response, to include utilizing Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) platforms, Cloud Security, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Web Application Firewalls, and Vulnerability Management and Threat Intelligence applications.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Security, Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- At least one of the following certifications with combined experience: CISSP, CEH, GCIH, GCFA, Security+, OSCP
- Security operations experience with *nix/Windows operating systems, cloud resources (e.g. AWS, GCP, O365), and customer-facing web applications
- Experience writing queries in SQL, AWS (Athena, Aurora), GCP (BigQuery)
- Programming/scripting experience (bash, python, PowerShell)
- Knowledge of working with vendor API’s to automate tasks
- Knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 web application security risks and how to minimize them
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization through excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in problem diagnosis and resolution
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working within prescribed deadlines
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals.We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!