FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans, every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
This role is primarily focused on enabling development of high-quality products and services within Fanduel.
Everything we do at FanDuel, we do as a team. As a Quality Engineer you’ll work with delivery teams to help facilitate the successful release of products and innovations to our customers. From the inception of the idea, all the way through getting it into the hands of our users - where appropriate you can be involved every step of the way - analysing the risk of implementation, how a new feature will fit into our existing ecosystem, how it’ll be received by users, and, of course, facilitating the shipping of quality software.
There are several technical domains in which QE operates. Depending on the skills of successful candidates there may be the opportunity to work on:
- IOS, Android native applications
- Web applications
- Backend / APIs
- All of the above!
Successful candidates should expect to have relevant experience with a broad spectrum of testing knowledge.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General Day-To-Day Duties:
Testing at Fanduel lets you get involved in many different areas of test
- Executing Tests
- You test new software developments across mediums and their model and platform versions (e.g. mobile models, OSs, browser types).
- You carry out exploratory testing of new software development with structured or ambiguously defined requirements (depending on domain)
- You test components of a system (e.g. web services and API) when integrated end-to-end with clients but also tests at integration points at earliest opportunities when necessary (e.g. in cases where end to end is not ready)
- Helping with Requirements
- You apply common software testing heuristics and strategies in to help developers understand requirements
- Coaching in testing
- You use your expertise, knowledge and understanding to advise on the severity of issues relative to the system/product under test, including performance, security, or other non-functional testing types
- You help developers to understand test coverage at unit and integration level to better target other testing efforts.
- You advise teams of the difficulty and effort involved in testing features and providing test results.
- Managing testing processes, initiatives or programmes
- You develop concise yet comprehensive testing plans & summaries/evaluations for product and platform developments where appropriate.
- Designing tests
- You work effectively to define testable user stories, especially acceptance criteria, with business analysts, developers and stakeholders.
- Assessing testing approaches
- You coach and advise developers of potential risk areas in advance of development.
- Iteratively improving testing pipelines
- You advocate for continuous integration practices.
- You will build automated tests or tooling, where appropriate.
- you diagnose issues and identify fixes for failing automation tests.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in quality advocacy, structured exploratory testing methods and an understanding of how automation can benefit the testing effort
- Demonstrable knowledge of different technology platforms, e.g. Cloud services, Web API, Native devices (IOS/Android). etc.
- Demonstrable experience of testing in service oriented architectures and understanding data flow through such systems
- Experience of testing at API layers (e.g. REST)
- Exposure to automation testing, either coding or designing tests (e.g. Cypress/Selenium)
- Understanding of build and configuration tools such as Buildkite, Jenkins and Puppet
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- An open and collaborative team who value and respect each other
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions
- A new technical challenge around every corner, we’re never short of interesting problems to solve
- An excellent wellbeing package including, flexible working & uncapped holidays, employee assistance program, full medical, dental and optical cover and cycle to work scheme.
- Excellent development opportunities including, 10% time, hackathons, conference attendance, online and in-office training and a preference to promote from within.
- A stress-free financial package inclusive of, pension, life assurance, share save scheme, and season ticket commuter loans.
We’re very proud of the company we have created and the biggest contributor to our success is our people. We strive to create an environment that allows people to bring their whole selves to work, one that promotes a healthy work/life balance and one that is dedicated to supporting the personal and professional development of its people.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. You don’t have to satisfy every requirement or meet every qualification listed. If your skills are transferable and you are in the ballpark experience-wise, we'd love to speak to you!