- Stirling, United Kingdom
FanDuel Group is a collection of brands operating at the intersection of sports, gaming, tech, and entertainment. Our mission is to give sports fans the chance to win every day and create experiences they can’t wait to share with their friends.
We’re not just a company, we’re a collective. And we’re not just coworkers, we’re a community. We’re an all-hands-on-deck crew of dreamers, doers, thinkers, makers, builders, breakers, and rebuilders. We value teamwork above all else, and we believe that diversity and inclusiveness are at the core of any good team. Like any good sports team, we’ve got passion. Passion for building a product our customers will love, passion for being the best in our field, and passion for our own people. With a company that’s as committed to its people as it is to its customers, FanDuel Group is a great place to develop yourself and your career.
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
We’re looking for passionate technologists, strong communicators, and those with a commitment to continuous improvement. The ideal candidate will have the confidence to propose pragmatic solutions to complex problems and be eager to learn from and educate others.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You, as a successful and talented candidate, will join the highly skilled team working across the FanDuel technology organization. As a part of the Network Engineering team, you will assist in the design, definition, implementation, observation, and support of the network architectures and environments.
AS A NETWORK ENGINEER YOU WILL:
- Troubleshoot and repair network related issues.
- Perform daily network Moves, Adds and Changes.
- Support Corporate LAN, WAN, WLAN, Firewall and Cloud infrastructures.
- Install and configure networking hardware and software.
- Conduct regular network performance tests.
- Perform network maintenance tasks.
- Evaluate and escalate network issues in a timely manner.
- Monitor network status, alerts, logs and dashboards.
- Work with network architects and senior engineers to implement network designs.
- Respond and support incident and change managements.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
Valued Qualifications across Network Engineer
- Associate knowledge of Cisco and Juniper network equipment and software - Cisco CCNA or CCNP Routing and Switching, Juniper JNCIA-Junos or JNCDA.
- Experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 24x7 production environments.
- Experience in infrastructure/network environments and designing, planning, documenting and implementing LANs, WANs, WLANs, Firewalls and Cloud solutions using the latest technologies.
- Cloud networking experience with working knowledge in AWS, Azure or GCP platforms.
- Ability to understand systems from all levels, from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low-level technical view.
- Experience with implementation of infrastructure as code deployment and automation methods.
- Familiar with Jira, Confluence, Lucid, SolarWinds, MS Office Suite and network tools.
What we are looking for:
- Dedicated commitment to technical excellence and quality partner care.
- Work autonomously and in team environments to actively drive solutions, projects and help identify areas for improvement.
- Have a high degree of focus on quality to build resilient, scalable and maintainable systems.
- Participate in helping to make critical decisions based on data and executing professional judgment to balance risks and rewards.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external business partners.
- A clear focus on staying up-to-date with emerging technologies through continued learning, active engagement with the network industry and a desire to remain hands-on.
- Seasoned experiences with LAN, WAN, WLAN, Security and Cloud solutions.
- Expert in troubleshooting, repairing and escalating enterprise-level network infrastructure.
- Ability to create diagrams, documentation and present technology solutions.
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning and development opportunities
- Flexible vacation allowance
- Attractive health insurance premiums
There's more, but we don't want to go on and on.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
Back to top