Lead Software Engineer - Performance Engineering
- Stirling, United Kingdom
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favourite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our Roster has a spot with your name on it
We’re looking for a software engineer with strong communication, a passion for technology, and a commitment to continuous improvement. You will be part of the Performance Engineering team, developing capabilities that will allow various teams across FanDuel Group to run performance tests for their applications. You will be building test frameworks, creating new tools, and automating environment creation and management.
The ideal candidate will have experience in creating continuous testing frameworks and automating environment management. You will have the confidence to implement new capabilities & pragmatic solutions to complex problems that allow software development teams to conduct performance testing. Providing technical leadership and mentorship to a team of software engineers, you thrive on driving the technological advancement of the team, always working towards its improvement.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Design and architect performance testing and experimentation tools and frameworks. This will include extending our automated test environment build, configuration, and data staging capabilities.
- Build and support these.
- Identify technologies to help the team tackle complex challenges and best serve our customers.
- Develop best practices for delivery and deployment through test environments, within a DevOps culture.
- Write good, professional, code leading best practices.
- Mentor the teams engineers and influence the wider group.
- Contribute to the professional development of the team, including technical assessment, improvement of their technical knowledge and best engineering practices.
- Reflect our values in day-to-day working.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Strong sense of ownership, with demonstrated experience in shipping high quality products, services.
- Extensive experience as a software engineer and the ability to lead the team in best practice across technologies in large projects.
- Experience designing and building frameworks to further continuous testing practices.
- Proven ability to provide technical leadership, guidance and mentoring.
- Proficient in object-oriented programming languages (ideally Python).
- Experience working with a cloud computing (ideally AWS) technical stack.
- Experience with database integrations (SQL/NoSQL) and automatically staging test data.
- Experience with CI tools. For example, deployment pipelines in Jenkins.
- Familiarity with configuration management e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with colleagues across the company.
- Loves automation.
- You believe anything is possible and that great teams achieve great things together.
Bonus points for
- Experience with load or performance testing tools e.g. Locust, JMeter.
- Experience with infrastructure as code e.g. terraform, cloudformation.
- Built out performance alerts in DataDog or similar.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
Back to top