FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products that deliver sports betting, gaming and entertainment to millions of US sports fans, every day. That’s no easy task, and wouldn't be possible without a fantastic team who have helped us pioneer new products and innovative features that make us a leader in the industry. Whether you’re looking for better career progression, improved financial security or just a better sense of belonging and exciting work, we believe we’ve created a culture in which everyone can succeed, no matter how you got here.
The role of a Service Manager is to act as a guardian of availability of customer facing products, ensuring operational processes comprising of Incident, Problem and Change are fit for purpose to drive highly available experience of Fanduel services for our customers.
We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills and the ability to act as liaison, delivering information both to technical and non-technical teams.
We’re a company that doesn’t stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. As a member of our technology team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on dynamic projects, a collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Working with the development team and other engineers, you will conduct system analysis of operational issues to include automation, troubleshooting, and problem solving. You will be charged with monitoring the production environments, ensuring proactive management of events, active vendor management and proper systems optimization to maximize availability of critical services.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve operational procedures and lead initiatives to implement them
- Act as a point of engagement for stakeholders across the business who need to liaise with Technology where operational capability is concerned
- Working closely with all technology and business areas to champion operational excellence, contributes to regular improvement session and identities opportunities to deliver value
- Define, operate and embed operational processes across all product verticals
- Define key operational KPIs and formulate actions plans on an ongoing basis across technology and business areas to drive excellence
- Deliver accurate and timely insight reporting in-line with key operational metrics to stakeholders
- Communicate to senior stakeholders during and after incidents, or high risk and key event periods
- Responsible for liaising with functions to ensure that operational readiness is maintained at the highest level for new and existing services
- Contributes to project and change initiatives to bring IT Ops perspective to the outcomes to ensure risks are being properly managed, and correct stakeholder are engaged and appraised
- Contributes to a “no-blame” culture to ensure post mortem activity drive tangible actions across all areas
- Manages contact with all parties including 3rd parties to ensure operational SLAs and agreed and maintained
Perks of joining the team
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- Inclusive and collaborative colleagues who value and respect each other.
- An autonomous environment where you are empowered to make decisions in an environment where it’s safe to get it wrong every once in a while.
- Hall of fame benefits including programs that allow you to share in our success.
- Flexible working and holidays to let you refuel as and when it suits you.
- Excellent development opportunities including time for personal development, curated online learning, a career ladder that shows the best ways to progress and a manager that supports your every step of the way.
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.