- Los Angeles, CA
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
As a valued member of the Security Operations team, the DevSecOps Engineer will be responsible for assisting software engineers shift left so security can be introduced earlier in the lifecycle of the app development process. This role requires advanced skills in securing CI/CD pipelines in both legacy and modernized application environments. The DevSecOps team will work together to optimize and automate security controls for FanDuel Group (FDG) cloud applications in production.
Collaboration with security engineers, developers for other FanDuel apps, vendors and business units to constantly improve the overall security posture will be the key to success at FanDuel Group. We’re looking for a team player with highly technical analytical and communication skills to catalyze security best practices across FanDuel Group.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
- Automation of security process flows and security tests for containerized applications
- Design, create and support security tests in CI/CD pipelines, to include IAST, SAST, DAST, container scanning, API scanning, and secret detection
- Code in one or more programming languages, such as Python, Go or Java
- Develop code for collecting and injecting data from security vendors API’s
- Develop tools to assist and support developers on securing Git Workflows
- Provisioning and deployment of secure applications within hybrid cloud environments
- Design and apply Immutable Infrastructure and Infrastructure as code principles
- Responsible for the security of the software development lifecycle
- Maintain contact with vendors, industry peers, and professional associations to keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards, technologies, and cyber threats
- Identify, evaluate, and conduct proof-of-concepts for new technologies, enabling secure development of core architectural components.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in an DevSecOps or DevOps role or Bachelor of Science degree in Information Security, Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred
- Must be able to code in one or more programming languages, such as Python, Golang
- Minimum 3 years of experience securing cloud and containerized applications is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience applying security testing in CI/CD pipelines is required
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with large, complex networks and systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects
- Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working within prescribed deadlines
- Experience working in AWS and/or GCP
- Infrastructure as Code in Terraform or CloudFormation
- Knowledge of containers and container orchestration, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Ansible or Chef configuration management
- Secret management in HashiCorp Vault, Akeyless, SOPS or KMS
- Experience working with Security Operations and Engineering teams to provide input for regulatory and security audit items
- Ability to write architectural security design documents or review design documents provided by others.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
Back to top