Data Engineer - Machine Learning (LA or NYC)
- New York, NY
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our competitive edge comes from making decisions based on accurate and timely data. As a Data Engineer, you will help us build scalable systems to provide access to that data across the company.
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
FanDuel Group is looking for an experienced Data Engineer with deep understanding of large-scale data handling and processing best practices in a cloud environment to help us build scalable systems. As our data is a key component of the business used by almost every facet of the company, including product development, marketing, operations, and finance. It is vital that we deliver robust solutions that ensure reliable access to data with a focus on quality and availability.
Our competitive edge comes from making decisions based on accurate and timely data and your work will provide access to that data across the whole company. Looking ahead to the next phase of our data platform we are keen to do more with real time data processing and working with our data scientists to create machine learning pipelines
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Synthesize common patterns and build effective abstractions across different ML pipelines that accelerate the impact of ML driven insights.
Develop scalable solutions with the focus of productionizing data science team ML model portfolio.
Effectively partner with applied data scientists and lay software foundations upon which models can be built.
Participate in machine learning applications for real world, large scale problems.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
A minimum of 2 years of experience designing and implementing software solutions for complex problems. Must have industry experience with building and deploying ML-based solutions
You are familiar with monitoring and deployment tools and platforms, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS Services.
You have experience with designing, building, and maintaining production-grade machine learning pipelines and models.
You have working experience of classical machine learning/deep learning models, and libraries like Scikit-learn, Pytorch, Tensorflow, LightGBM, Keras.
Experience building ML infrastructure, with an eye towards software engineering.
Experience with Spark or Hadoop and database schema design for ML pipelines.
Strong coding experience (e.g. Python, SQL, open source ML packages).
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
- FanDuel Group is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgement or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
Back to top