Data Engineer - All Levels
- Los Angeles, CA
ABOUT FANDUEL GROUP
FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind — to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That’s no easy task, which is why we’re so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we’ll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we’re committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
FanDuel Group is based in New York, with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon and Scotland. Our brands include:
- FanDuel — A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook — America’s #1 sports betting app
- TVG — The best-in-class horse racing TV/media network and betting platform
- FanDuel Racing — A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino — Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet — A world-class betting platform and an affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars — The premier online poker product and an affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Our competitive edge comes from making decisions based on accurate and timely data. As a Data Engineer, you will help us build scalable systems to provide access to that data across the company.
THE GAME PLAN
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Data is a key component of the business used by almost every facet of the company including product development, marketing, operations and finance. It is vital that we deliver robust solutions that ensure reliable access to data with a focus on quality and availability. We operate a rigorous code review process, so you need to be able to continuously give and take feedback and act on it.
What we’re looking for in our next teammate
We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer, ideally well versed in Python, with a deep understanding of large scale data handling and processing best practices in a cloud environment. You should be comfortable building complex yet performant SQL queries on large data sets. Our current stack is built on AWS with Spark and Hive on Amazon EMR for batch processing and Redshift for the data warehouse. Experience working with and tuning these for large scale workloads would be a plus.
As our data is always growing it is important that we have a cost effective data warehouse with data that is modelled to suit our users needs.
Looking ahead to the next phase of our data platform we are keen to do more more with real time data processing and working with our data scientists to create machine learning pipelines. We would love to hear how you have tackled these before.
What you get in return
Beyond working with such a great team?
- An exciting environment with real growth
- Contribute to exciting products used by a highly passionate user base
- Personal learning and development opportunities
- Flexible holiday allowance
- 401K plan with company match
- Attractive health insurance premiums
There's more, but we don't want to go on and on.
FanDuel is an equal opportunities employer. Diversity and inclusion in FanDuel means that we respect and value everyone as individuals. We don't tolerate bias, judgment or harassment. Our focus is on developing employees so that they reach their full potential.
Back to top