Software Engineer, New Grad
Software Engineer, New GradLos Angeles
Factual is a data company with the mission of making data accessible to everyone. We believe that high quality, accurate data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, and organization. To make this goal a reality, we end up taking on unusual problems with small, focused teams made up of brilliant people.
Our engineers are a diverse set of experts who don't fit into any particular mold. Many have backgrounds in computer science and math-heavy fields, some in home brewing, some in drone racing. What ties us together is our passion to solve problems involving massive amounts of data, cluster computing, and using our latitude and ownership to deploy the right technology for the problem, whatever that happens to be. Our team works with applied big data, applied machine learning, high throughput and low latency API's, algorithms, thoughtful architecture, lots of practical coding, and excellent peers.
Factual presents a rewarding mission, a steep learning curve, and no upper bound on the problems we solve. If this sounds intriguing, you might be just the person we're looking for.
- Thrive in a start-up environment and enjoy wearing many hats.
- A strong desire to keep learning.
- Strong interest and intuition around cluster computing.
- Fluency in Python, Ruby, Clojure, Java, or Scala (the more, the better).
- Strong algorithms and data structures knowledge.
- Experience in writing fast production code.
- Comfort with Unix and the command line.
- Familiarity with Map/Reduce programming models such as Hadoop.
- Knowledge of natural language parsing.
- Machine Learning knowledge/experience.
- Applied knowledge of databases and database theory.
- Experience with AWS.
Cover letters (creative and personalized) will be deeply appreciated.
Meet Some of Factual's Employees
Rosalyn scrapes, curates, and cleans data for Factual and its clients. And while her primary role is curating data, she’s also expanded into doing some of the coding as well.
Back to top