Pre-Sales EngineerLos Angeles
Factual is looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer to join our team. In this prospective-client facing role, you will help accelerate the sales cycle by bringing your technical acumen to bear when engaging with new, prospective customers. You will have the opportunity to meet with a wide variety of blue chip prospects and assist Client-Side Business Development, Product, and Engineering executives to understand Factual’s products and how an integration with Factual would work to solve their business challenges.
This will include communication in person, on phone calls, and via email. Client-facing tasks will involve explaining integration pathways, gathering technical requirements, delivering demos, and potentially scoping out costs associated with requested custom work. Non-client-facing tasks will include supporting the Pre-Sales Engineering team on Proofs-of-Concept, custom data pulls, data evaluations, and Requests-for-Information.
- Client-facing experience and strong communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience pitching both in person and over the phone.
- Expertise with Unix and the command line.
- Expertise in a scripting language of choice (Bash, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Exposure to Java and understanding of the JVM.
- Appetite for moderate amount of business travel.
Nice to haves:
- Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering.
- Expertise in Java/JVM.
- Exposure to Hadoop/MapReduce and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Knowledge and experience with location, mobile, or mobile advertising.
- Enthusiasm for picking up and quickly integrating new tools: web APIs, open source projects, and software developed internally.
- A skill for debugging remote systems, working from stack traces, heap dumps, and remote telemetry.
- A bit of tolerance for repeating yourself, to new customers & new hires, and noticing when the same questions being asked over and over means that the documentation needs updating.
Meet Some of Factual's Employees
Rudy writes web and network applications for Factual's API and Data Team. His work helps ensure that Factual's API can deliver data quickly and reliably.
Back to top