Lead Systems/DevOps Engineer
Lead Systems/DevOps EngineerLos Angeles
Factual is looking for a Lead Systems/DevOps Engineer to head up a small Sysops/DevOps team. Our search is for a special kind of Sysops/Devops engineer — one who codes to automate, is comfortable with cloud and physical infrastructure, and treats metal like a resource (e.g. hasn’t named a server after a greek god in at least 5 years).
We respond to over 100Kqps, manage a multi-petabyte compute cluster, heavily use and contribute to open source systems. and aggressively build, adopt, and deploy new technologies and capabilities.
This is a great opportunity to manage serious infrastructure that is servicing large amounts of data and traffic, work with a large and outstanding engineering team, and employ state-of-the-art tools and techniques.
- At least 5 years of production Linux sysadmin experience in a high traffic environment
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals, tcp/ip and related services.
- Must be able to code in at least in bash and ruby or python
- Nontrivial production experience with at least two of: docker, mesos, chef, openstack
- Nontrivial production hadoop experience
- Experience with modern monitoring tools
- Ability to manage physical hardware like servers, switches, pdus, etc with appropriate automation and abstraction
Meet Some of Factual's Employees
Rudy writes web and network applications for Factual's API and Data Team. His work helps ensure that Factual's API can deliver data quickly and reliably.
Back to top