Lead Data Analyst
Lead Data AnalystLos Angeles
Do you love data, technology, and problem solving? Join us at Factual, where we're hard at work organizing and optimizing the world's location information. Our Data team is focused on cleaning, structuring, and delivering our dataset of over 100 million places. To make our goals a reality, we end up taking on unusual problems with small, focused teams made up of highly motivated people.
We've recently rolled out a brand new data infrastructure pipeline and are looking for a Lead Data Analyst to join our team. In this role, you will lead our "metrics" projects: measuring the quality of our data, establishing reliable/repeatable regression tests, overseeing our in-house annotation system, and guiding custom quality reports for our priority customers.
At Factual, we cultivate multidisciplinary engineering teams. Everyone is comfortable with wrangling data, but we expect each individual contributor to bring a unique skill or expertise to the table. For this role, we're seeking a technical, efficient, and highly-focused individual who pays strong attention to detail, shows great leadership and organizational skills, and gets things done.
- You have experience with complex data analysis, wrangling, and curation
- You can distill messy data and business logic into concise and actionable metrics and goals
- You have a track record of advocating for new projects, ideas, or products in a professional environment
Baseline Skills (these are required):
- 3-5+ years full-time work experience in a technical role
- Expertise with Unix commands and Ruby/Python scripting
- Consistent track record of complex project management
- Proficient at creating tables and querying databases; we use PostgreSQL and MongoDB, mostly
Specialized Skills (you need expertise in at least one of the following):
- Experienced with code deployment and testing (knowledge of Jenkins and/or Docker is a big plus)
- Proficient with Spark (PySpark good; Scala is a plus)
- Experience implementing and improving machine learning pipelines and models
Please include a cover letter!
Meet Some of Factual's Employees
Rosalyn scrapes, curates, and cleans data for Factual and its clients. And while her primary role is curating data, she’s also expanded into doing some of the coding as well.
Back to top