Director of Sales Engineering
Factual is looking for a Director of Sales Engineering to lead and grow our sales engineering organization. The sales engineering team works with a wide variety of blue chip prospects, they help Client-Side Business Development, Product, and Engineering executives to understand Factual's products and how an integration with Factual would work to solve their business challenges. As Director of Sales Engineering, you will drive revenue by proactively developing and maintaining a high‐performing team and continually seeking innovative methods for improving team performance.
Our ideal candidate is a hands-on leader with the right mix of business savvy and technical prowess. You should have a proven track record of building and developing technical teams and extensive experience working in the technical space. Strong analytical, interpersonal and cross-collaboration skills are also desired.
- Mentor and develop the existing sales engineering team.
- Be able to present complex technical solutions to clients.
- Present credibly to engineering decision makers and technology executives.
- Develop and execute sales engineering strategies and identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Maintain and demonstrate the highest quality of Sales Engineering disciplines that result in satisfied clients and repeat business.
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science from a reputable institution.
- 5 years of sales engineering experience.
- 2 years experience with people management.
- 2 years hands-on engineering experience.
- Strong customer relationship and people skills as well as strong written communications and presentation skills.
- Client-facing experience and excellent communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience pitching both in person and over the phone.
- Expertise with Unix and the command line.
- Expertise in a scripting language of choice (Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Experience with production Java code and a good understanding of the JVM.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of statistics and data science.
- Experience with Hadoop/MapReduce and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Knowledge and experience with location, mobile, or mobile advertising.
Back to top