Director of Product Management, Places
At Factual we believe that context drives an evolved mobile experience. Our Places Data, Geopulse, and Engine products provide contextual relevance to mobile developers, advertisers, and publishers who aim to make their content more targeted, engaging, and valuable. Delivering these services requires a complex and robust suite of infrastructure, data, and software products.
To this end, we are looking to meet candidates for this Senior Leadership role on the Product Management team. In this role, you will own and evolve our Places products. You should have demonstrable experience shipping and scaling components of data-heavy services. Representative examples include mapping and navigation data or services, end-to-end data pipelines, and search platforms. This position will report to the SVP of Product and Partnerships and located in our Los Angeles HQ.
You will be the "CEO" of the product - constantly assimilating findings from customers, internal teams, and the market itself. You will lead the Product Roadmap for Places at Factual, a global data set of every "place" (currently 52 countries and ~120 million entities,), as well as interact with a robust customer base across enterprise (Apple, Facebook, Uber, Bing) and advertising (includes Factual's internal products).
You will be hyper aware of how the product is performing (data quality, customer feedback, revenue growth, new prospects, stability, scalability), constantly shape how we prioritize various features, act and think independently, track and analyze all components of the business, and drive integration with customers.
You will collaborate with our talented engineering team to establish well-understood product requirements, efficiently organize resource allocation, and deliver against a committed roadmap.
You will actively gather requirements, prioritize and manage a roadmap, communicate priorities, and problem solve. You are effective at making tough decisions with limited data.
Other relevant aspects of the role:
- Encourage agile with a small "a"; push relentlessly to get early versions of products & features out to alpha & beta testers ASAP for feedback. Understand and love that engineers want to see their work get put to use.
- Represent the needs of top customers and partners within the organization, and raise issues and requests as needed.
- Evangelize Factual in the marketplace, and the overall importance of Location-Based Context as a key component in strategy.
- Product management experience: we'll want to know details about the products you have owned and delivered and their success in the market. Also the teams you collaborated with and processes and tools you used to drive the success of your products.
- Knowledge and product experience in Location and Places data. This constitutes such areas as maps, mobile search, knowledge graphs, navigation, etc.
- Working understanding of mobile ad-tech ecosystem a plus, but not a requirement
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills: we are Product Managers after all
- This role demands you write requirements, documentation, white papers, opinion pieces, blog posts, and other pragmatic-and-well-considered contributions to the product.
Nice to haves:
- Minimum of five years of executive product development experience at a technology company
- Working knowledge of mobile technologies and SDKs
- Knowledge of open source software design and development practices. Our engineering team would love to see a Github page that was not made in the last month.
- A preference for the Oxford comma
Please include a cover letter with your résumé. Include links to your blog, Github, Twitter, etc. or other public sources where we can learn more about your oeuvre, code, ideas, and enthusiasm.
Back to top