Customer Success Engineer
Customer Success EngineerLos Angeles
Do you love data, technology, and problem solving? Join us at Factual, where we’re hard at work organizing and optimizing the world’s location information.
We are looking for someone to join the Partner Services – Licensing team. The Licensing team is responsible for growing the partnership and revenue of our Licensing clients (which include large customers like Facebook, MasterCard, and Uber, as well as small developer-led startups). The Customer Service Engineer (Licensing) will work closely with Strategic Partner Managers and Account Managers on the Partner Services – Licensing team to support our clients with anything tech: e.g. data investigations, problem-solving, etc.
We’re looking for data-loving individuals who pay strong attention to detail, show great leadership and organizational skills, and get things done on their own initiative. This position would be a good fit for those people who love to problem solve, roll up their sleeves and dig into data, notice trends in the data, and come up with solutions.
- Investigate and solve problems related to data quality and delivery
- Research and analyze data on the web
- Manage and improve technical projects
- Propose out-of-the-box strategies based on data-driven insights
- Interface with clients on their data issues
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a degree in a quantitative field with coursework in statistics (e.g. Math, Statistics, Linguistics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering)
- Has 2+ years of work or research experience in a related field
- Feels at home on the command line and with text processing
- Is a self-starter and eager to learn new technologies and skills in research, data processing and analysis
Desired Skills (lack of experience in some areas is easily offset by expertise on others):
- Data analysis, wrangling, and curation
- Deep familiarity with Unix commands
- Some familiarity with text manipulation – regular expressions, sed or awk, either on the command line or in Excel
- Experience in reporting, analytics and databases
- Ticket/issue management and tracking
- Bonuses: multilingualism, version control, Programming experience in languages like Ruby, Python, Java, and R, some amount of system administration (nfs, file permissions, user permissions, installation of sql server, etc.), and familiarity with sql in mysql, postgresql, or MS sql server
Cover letters will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Meet Some of Factual's Employees
Rudy writes web and network applications for Factual's API and Data Team. His work helps ensure that Factual's API can deliver data quickly and reliably.
Back to top