Factual's mission is to make data accessible to everyone. We believe that high quality, accurate data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, and organization. To make this goal a reality, we end up taking on unusual problems with small, focused teams made up of highly motivated people. We are actively seeking an Account Manager to focus on data for products & analytics, and to be an internal and external advocate for Factual's data.
About the Partnerships team:
Factual is seeking an ambitious, self-motivated Account Manager to join Factual's Partnerships team. The Partnerships team is responsible for growing Factual's relationships with key clients (Halo Brands, FinTech, Navigation/Maps), with the goal of enabling our customers to meet their business objectives through Factual's data solutions.
About the Role:
We are looking for tech-savvy Account Managers to proactively engage with our ever-growing customer base throughout the entire customer lifecycle. Account Managers at Factual have a unique 360-degree view of the business, as they interact externally with clients, as well as internally with our engineers, product managers, marketers, and salespeople. This role is for people who love seeing all aspects of the business and juggling short-term tactical tasks with longer-term strategic initiatives. We are looking for candidates who are early in their career as well as candidates with deeper experience. The ideal candidate will have a passion for client strategy and management (e.g., optimizing the lifetime value of a customer) and customer operations (e.g., building and maintaining customer-focused metrics). Candidates must be comfortable working with fast-growing, developer-led companies, as well as with larger enterprise companies. Most importantly, candidates will have a strong comfort level with technology - you must love getting into the nitty-gritty of our products since you will be the liaison between our data/engineering teams and our clients.
As an Account Manager at Factual, you will:
- Grow existing accounts by tracking usage, driving renewals, and upselling data packages and services.
- Collaborate with our growing number of customers to understand their objectives and recommend the best product solutions to meet their needs.
- Clearly understand and document customer and partner technical requirements, business needs, strategy and vision, and successfully translate to internal stakeholders.
- Act as the primary point of contact and manage all communications between customers, partners, and internal teams.
- Ensure strong customer retention levels through effective relationship management, delivering service excellence, and ensuring prompt and effective service recovery.
- Train our clients on our products in order to help them grow their business. If they succeed, we succeed!
- Mentor new team members as our organization grows.
- Experience in client management, ideally at a technology-focused company.
- Results-driven with knowledge and experience in driving business objectives, customer relationship management, customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and a bias for proactively resolving issues.
- Ability to think strategically about our clients' needs and business goals
- Aptitude, creativity, and a preference for working in small, collaborative teams with minimal supervision.
- Creative, independent problem solver.
- A dislike of being micro-managed.
- A passion for Factual and our mission.
- Strong attention to detail.
- BA/BS degree.
- If you are a data enthusiast with a passion for helping clients solve problems, we are eager to speak with you.
- Cover letters (creative and personalized) will be greatly appreciated!
Meet Some of Factual's Employees
Rosalyn scrapes, curates, and cleans data for Factual and its clients. And while her primary role is curating data, she’s also expanded into doing some of the coding as well.
Back to top