2018 Summer Data Engineer Intern
2018 Summer Data Engineer InternLos Angeles
Do you love data, technology, and problem solving? Join us at Factual, where we're hard at work organizing and optimizing the world's location information. Our team is passionate about cleaning, structuring, and delivering our dataset of over 100 million places. To make our goals a reality, we end up taking on unusual problems with small, focused teams made up of highly motivated people.
- Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in Mathematics, Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, or a related degree.
- Strong academic performance (minimum GPA: 3.2).
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities.
- Strong management skills - organized and extremely high attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Some exposure to regular expressions.
- Interest in quality assurance work.
- Returning to school in the fall.
Learning Goals and Deliverables:
- You will learn how to analyze completeness/coverage of a data set.
- You will learn to work with a cross disciplinary team.
- You will learn scripting languages
- You will develop data analysis skills.
- You will build data sets that can be published on Factual.com.
- You will write a blog post demonstrating Factual as a data platform.
Factual summer internship program structure
The summer program can begin in May or June and conclude mid to late August. The specific start and end dates are flexible depending on your academic schedule. There are fun bi-weekly intern events scheduled throughout the summer. Past events include: Dodger games, Escape Room, night at the Hollywood Bowl, and horseback riding through the Hollywood Hills.
Interns will be expected to work a 40 hour work week. This is a paid internship and compensation will be based on the student's academic level (undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral rates vary). This internship position is a non-exempt position under federal and state laws and will be eligible for overtime per regulations.
Preference will be for junior or senior-level undergrads and for those about to complete their Masters or PhD's.
Meet Some of Factual's Employees
Rosalyn scrapes, curates, and cleans data for Factual and its clients. And while her primary role is curating data, she’s also expanded into doing some of the coding as well.
Back to top