Workforce Strategy Program Manager, Global Support Operations
(Austin, TX - Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're the team that's responsible for managing reports surrounding Facebook's policies and procedures, complex legal issues and the changing landscape of free speech on the Internet. We are passionate about building trust and giving the most voice to the most people. We are constantly balancing mitigating legal risk with making the world more open and connected while scaling our operations to support Facebook's 1.8 billion users.
As a member of Global Support Operations, you'll play a key role in ensuring that the Intellectual Property Operations team is always innovating, improving and handling Intellectual Property matters efficiently and quickly. You'll use data-driven techniques, industry-leading workforce management, advanced process improvement and legal and policy expertise to ensure that we comply with Facebook's obligations, while facilitating happy rights holders, users, and partners. This team is uniquely responsible for the success of the program as a whole as it touches virtually all aspects of Facebook's Intellectual Property ecosystem and has a diverse group of stakeholders across the team and company.
- Play the primary role in defining the workforce support strategy for the team in conjunction with relevant Intellectual Property and legal stakeholders. Communicate an ongoing workforce strategy and design roadmaps for its implementation, collaborating heavily with the Intellectual Property leads and partners across the team.
- Own end-to-end the strategic support vision for the IP Ops team. Work with the IP team and Legal leadership to define, launch and drive strategic and operational initiatives.
- Interface frequently with workforce planning leads on partner/related teams to ensure best-in-class cutting edge support and continual improvement
- Serve as IP & Privacy lead for the Workforce Strategy horizontal within the IP team and work with contributing members of Global Support Ops and Strategic Operations to implement group's vision
- Collaborate with the local team leads, the GSO manager, and legal stakeholders to build and implement a workforce prioritization process that uses data, priority, and other inputs to define the IP team's support infrastructure
- Work hand in hand with the Global sourcing team and Finance to budget and plan for optimal workforce solutions for the IP team keeping in mind TAT requirements, processing volumes, quality, and workflow sensitivities
- Interact on a regular basis with the Business Intelligence PM to understand and define core team KPIs, use data to drive workforce decisions across the vendor and FTE teams, and advise the leads on trade-offs and costs to build out new processes
- Define a flexible short, medium and long-term workforce optimization strategy for the team, build roadmaps in support of this strategy, and effectively communicate to key stakeholder groups. Build and maintain a scalable, workforce capable of scaling with the expected growth of a complex IP ecosystem
- B.A. or B.S. degree or higher
- 4+ years of professional experience in end to end project management, workforce/vendor strategy planning, and/or operations
- Previous legal or Intellectual Property experience
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top