Workforce Planning Specialist (Projects) Community Operations
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
(Dublin, Ireland)Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Bringing the world closer together takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.Community Operations' focus is on improving the health of our products and helping people understand how to use them through both direct support interactions as well as scalable solutions. Those who join our teams are very passionate about solving people's issues, and are strong advocates for the Facebook community. We need influencers who can align cross-functional partners to ensure the best possible experience for our platforms. If you like helping people, Community Operations is for you. The Workforce Planning Analyst role will focus on project based capacity analysis for community operations which consists of a multi- thousand headcount operation spread across a broad global footprint. You will partner closely with a variety of teams including Operations, Workforce Management, Recruiting, Finance, Data & Analytics teams to analyze and inform the various project impacts on the metrics, capacity, and strategy of community operations. The role is be based in Dublin, Ireland
- Own the analysis and impact assessment of the various projects that impact the forecasts, metrics, and capacity for all community operations support teams
- Build optimization and scenario models to assess and evaluate the impact of new projects or initiatives on the key performance metrics in community operations and also how these projects or initiatives will impact all the dimensions of the Community Experience, Employee Experience, Operational Flexibility, and Cost
- Establish and own end-to–end detailed tracking and control processes for all projects and initiatives and the metrics performance across the entire complex global operations
- Collect, consolidate, and analyze operational data, including preparing internal reporting deliverables, analyzing trends & drivers, and explaining forecast vs. actual variances
- Prepare and deliver periodic exec-level updates on status, insights and trends to help inform and guide critical business decisions
- Partner closely with multiple cross-functional teams to understand capacity, headcount, location strategy, ops performance, volumes, arrival patterns, handling times, and incorporate proper drivers into the project analysis
- Review data to help in identification of flow/ system deficiencies and work with internal process owners to streamline for continuous improvement
- Develop and implement comprehensive and consistent strategies, tools, and processes related to workforce planning project analysis
- Bachelor's degree - preferably graduate in Math, Statistics, Finance, or Economics or other demonstrated expertise in a quantitative field, MBA or Master's degree preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of FP&A, Capacity Planning, Strategy, Finance or WFM experience (preferably in an operations context)
- Experience in project analysis, financial modeling, or decision support required
- Ability to develop frameworks and solutions to high-level questions and concepts
- Excellent project/program management, process development, influencing, modeling, and consulting skills
- Passion and commitment to work on behalf of the customer to create a better community experience
- Strong verbal and written communication, partnership and interpersonal skills - ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms keeping diverse audience in mind to drive results
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint with further experience in Tableau and SQL a major plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top