Workforce Planning Program Manager
- London, United Kingdom
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Mission Control team is a group of people at Facebook responsible for workforce planning and resource allocations for the technical and product teams. We are looking for a program manager to lead headcount planning and management for one or more technology areas. Demand accuracy is imperative, and you will need to dig deeply with tech leaders, finance partners, & human resource partners to ensure that our demand-supply processes are set up for success. We are looking for a data driven program manager. The ability to dive into analytics details and tell a data driven story is imperative. This is the first time we are opening one of these roles in EMEA and you will be based in out London offices.
- Manage headcount allocations to accelerate tech growth. Primary focus is on balancing the supply & demand of headcount. This requires cross-functional collaboration with partners across Finance, Recruiting, HR and the technical teams.
- Facilitate change management and escalation process with Finance counterparts for requested changes to headcount targets. Work to minimize downstream impact and communicate appropriately. Partner with Recruiting team on shifting priorities for hiring.
- Use data to collaborate with Workforce Planning Program Managers, HR Business Partners, and org leaders to drive organizational design (org mix, location strategy).
- Leverage analytics to ensure data-driven decisions are being made.
- Develop, execute, and manage yearly headcount planning cycle as well as end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery.
- Understand tooling needs and partner with internal tools teams to design and later roll out features.
- Regularly meet with org leaders, Finance, HR and Recruiting partners to present headcount updates. Ability not only to point out month-over-month changes but also explain "why" the changes occurred and how they affect the big picture.
- Create headcount status reports and custom cuts of analytics for various business hiring managers
- Review workforce supply and demand reports to identify potential risk areas and define remediation strategies to address risks
- Communicate updates to key, cross-functional stakeholder groups and support the development and execution of roadshows to educate the business on processes and systems
- Support reorg execution including change templates, adjustment tracking, monitor data and metrics changes, and provide backup transactional support for adjustments
- Drive key projects geared towards continuous process improvement, stakeholder education and accountability and team branding / communications
- Help identify tooling and analytics needs and partner with internal teams to design and implement new features
- Learn nuances of each tech pillar strategy and processes to enable flexible workforce planning support
- Headcount / demand planning experience or other relevant experience that translates to key aspects of Mission Control Planning - including the following.
- Program / project management experience along with strong communication skills
- Experience working with large data sets, attention to detail, storytelling with data
- Change management and cross-functional partnerships
- Ability to influence business and XFN stakeholders
- Experience working with HR/human capital teams (to understand high-level finance, recruiting, org design)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel
- Experience in fast-paced environment
- Experience with Tableau and/or other, similar analytics tools
Back to top