Workforce Analyst, Mission Control
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Mission Control is the organization that plans and shapes Facebook's evolving workforce. The Analytics team within Mission Control supports the TECH organization by building and scaling solutions that support our workforce planning and programs. We work with stakeholders from across the company to manage the headcount demand plan, tell the story of headcount progression and associated components, build resources to manage the flow of talent, and provide data driven insights into the health and development of our global programs. On our team you'll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and our ability to transform over time.
We're looking for a Workforce Analyst to join our growing Mission Control team. Mission Control Analysts are responsible for developing and maintaining all of the analytical resources and data tools necessary to enable workforce management of our business.
- Leverage design skills to build and maintain complete suite of user-oriented dashboards and meaningful, actionable data visualizations to meet workforce needs of the Tech business
- Work with data infrastructure, tooling and process teams to triage data-quality issues and drive long term improvement
- Approach and execute ad-hoc data requests creatively, identifying root cause needs and determine when discrete needs should be regular reports or dashboards
- Operationalize data migrations across all dashboards and reports, ensuring continuity of service and data alignment across resources
- Deploy Better Analytics Engineering principals to maintain team and partner alignment
- Perform deep-dive analyses to answer questions and deliver insights on the root causes of issues and make recommendations on how to best monitor and meet them
- Combine qualitative findings and other inputs along with data analytics to make comprehensive recommendations
- Collaborate with other team members
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion when dealing with highly sensitive people data
- 2+ years experience working as a data analyst, or similar role
- BS/BA or above in a technical field
- Experience with Excel, Tableau and/or other reporting/data manipulation tool
- Experience with SQL, Python, R, VBA and/or similar programming language
- Experience with data management, specifically with validating and auditing data and reports from multiple systems
- Experience with data and building things - making cohesive reports and structuring data
- Attention to detail and commitment to data accuracy especially in times of rapid turn-around needs
- Comfortable with ambiguity and applying creativity to solve complex problems
Back to top