Wireless Systems Engineer, Connectivity (MAC, Network)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Wireless Systems Engineer will be required to independently develop solutions to complex communication system problems. As a Systems Engineer, you will be involved in all phases of a project and work with several engineers, contractors, vendors and cross-functional partners to lead research, engineering, prototyping and delivery of advanced communication systems. You will work with other technical leads and program managers to clearly understand and define communication systems and drive external vendors through full product realization. In particular, you will design wireless MAC and network features, define feature and system test plans, execute and debug those tests, and provide field debug and support. As an engineer, you will train and mentor others in system operation, troubleshooting, and measurement techniques. This role will influence the definition of next generation standards in terms of system concepts and network architecture. Must be willing to travel.
- Define innovations and technical contributions to improve wireless product design in area of MAC, L3, network optimization, network management, and/or overall utility
- Define feature and system test plans for both lab and field. Work cross-functionally to implement tests, and to debug and optimize the system accordingly
- Support definition, implementation, and execution of the program vision, strategy, and tactics
- Develop models of overall system performance and assess performance tradeoffs to maximize system performance
- Knowledge of technology drivers and ecosystem around the wireless communications industry.
- Experience thinking of or building new experience within the communications domain(s) of terrestrial or aerospace systems.
- Hands-on experience in all areas within wireless communication systems that have been in volume production.
- MS or PhD with 3+ years experience in MAC and network control sub-systems.
- Experience doing simulation and modeling work to influence standardization organizations such as IEEE and/or 3GPP.
- Experience with MATLAB, Python or C/C++.
- A networking or related background for multi-disciplinary system evaluation.
Back to top