Wireless Systems Engineer, Connectivity Lab
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
We believe connecting the world is one of the greatest challenges of our generation, and that everyone deserves access to the knowledge, tools and opportunities that come from being connected. That’s why we, along with other tech companies, launched Internet.org (http://internet.org/), a global partnership to make the Internet available to the two thirds of the world’s population that doesn’t have it. The Connectivity Lab team has been working on developing new platforms and solutions for connectivity. We are looking for a system engineer that will be responsible for design, implementation, and test of our fast switching WiFi effort, and influence the definition of the next generation in terms of system concepts and network architecture.
- Provide leadership and innovation in solving WiFi issues to create a new wifi access layer for mobility.
- Understand and lead changes required in the Layer 3 routing to support fast switching.
- Lead an Access Point development, if required on the handset to enable fast switching.
- Lead product design, implementation, test and test deployment of this system.
- MS or PhD with minimum 10 years experience in communication engineering.
- Expert knowledge of 802.11/WiFi standards.
- Leadership & hands on work for developing a WiFi product.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to develop a solution to a real world problem and have taken from concept to product deployment.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top