Wireless Systems Engineer, Connectivity Lab
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
More than half the population of the world are not yet connected to the Internet. The Connectivity Lab is doing research to develop the next generation technologies to connect everyone on the planet to the Internet. We are looking for someone to define the impact of the programs being developed at Connectivity Lab to get everyone connected. You will partner with internal and external resources to analyze data, develop financial models, survey market ecosystems, then develop and execute business and go-to-market plans for impact driven delivery of the programs. The successful candidate will be adept at evaluating complex programs and markets from a global level to a local scale across broad ecosystems from terrestrial to aerospace systems across radio and optical communications technologies. System engineer will be responsible for design and bring up of new PHY, MAC and Network controller protocols for existing product development, and influence the definition of the next generation mmWave WiFi standards in terms of system concepts and network architecture.
- Drive innovations and technical contributions to improve the product design in area of PHY, MAC and Network controller system design
- Engage in bringing up, debugging and tuning the performance of product in the lab and field
- Develop and evaluate technical solutions, contributions and specifications to align product development with next generation mmWave WiFi standards
- Influence definition of next generation mmW standards and the eco-system around the product
- MS or PhD with minimum 7 years experience in PHY, MAC and Network controller sub-systems
- Knowledge of 802.11 / WiFi standards
- Active participation in practical deployments is necessary
- Experience with Matlab, C/C++ is required
- Must have demonstrated hands-on experience in all these areas within communication system that has been in volume in production.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top