Wireless Systems Engineer
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook Reality Labs, we're developing the future of augmented and virtual reality. We are looking for an experienced Wireless System Engineer to join the wireless team at Facebook Reality Labs. In this role, you will be a key member of a team of innovators, working on cutting-edge wireless technologies and be aimed at pushing beyond the state of the art for developing wireless technologies that will enable the future of AR/VR.
- Analyze wireless subsystem requirements (including but not limited to RF, PHY, MAC, protocol, and application level performance) based on product requirements and use cases.
- Design and specify the wireless system architecture, algorithm, protocol and procedure fitting the future VR/AR use cases with stringent functional, quality, performance, footprint and power requirements.
- Set system performance KPIs for wireless subsystems and drive the wireless architecture (HW/SW) with other cross-functional teams achieving product performance optimization.
- Interface and collaborate with wireless chipset vendors to ensure system requirements, such as RF/baseband performance, system control architecture, HW/SW interface architectures and longer term technology roadmaps.
- Research new technologies and analyze competition technologies, design new algorithms/protocols and specify solution options to solve complicated problems for future AR/VR products.
- Analyze system performance issues and chipset/FW/SW defects, and improve broad system level performance during product cycle.
- IP development and closely monitor global standard progress.
- MS or Ph.D in Electrical or Computer engineering.
- 5+ years of wireless system engineering experience in physical/MAC layers modeling and design, e.g. physical layer algorithm development, link level systems modeling and MAC protocol dev/simulation.
- Knowledge of wireless technologies and standards (including 5G-NR, LTE, 802.11ax/ac, 802.11ad/ay and Bluetooth) and their implications on RF/PHY/MAC.
- Experience in physical and MAC layer design, modeling, and validation - chipset dev experience required and CE product experience.
- System performance debugging experience, analytical and problem solving experience.
- Experience leading technical initiatives across a cross-functional organization.
- Communication experience.
Back to top