Wireless Regulatory Lead
- Woodinville, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As an Wireless Regulatory Engineer at Facebook Reality Labs, you will drive the wireless regulatory/conformance requirement definition and pre-certification for Oculus virtual reality and augmented reality products and ensure compliance to worldwide regulatory requirements for various wireless technologies (Cellular, WiFi, BT, GPS and NFC etc.).
- Responsible for wireless regulatory performance in a product design cycle.
- Work with RF, antenna teams to successfully bring wireless products to market.
- Work with system, FW and SW teams to make sure customized wireless protocols comply with regulatory standards.
- Drive device prescan and work with compliance team for final certification.
- Support and Work closely with engineer teams (RF, Antenna, EE, PD) to troubleshoot and validated the regulatory issues.
- Domestic and international travel to achieve program milestones.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
- 10+ years' experience in wireless certification for consumer electronics.
- Experience with worldwide Regulatory standards in relation to carrying a product to certification.
- Experience at least two wireless technology including GSM, UMTS, CDMA, LTE, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax and Bluetooth.
- Experience with RF conducted and antenna OTA performance impact on product certification and conformance.
- Experience with high frequency lab equipment for wireless testing.
- Experience with RF measurement in both conducted and radiated.
- Experience with 5G and mmWave certification.
- Experience with Carrier Approval.
Back to top