Wireless Network Engineer, Deployment and Support
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for a talented, highly motivated engineer to join the Edge and Network Services team. This team is responsible for deploying and supporting one of the world’s largest, most complex, and robust networks. The Connectivity Lab team has been working on developing new platforms and solutions to provide internet access to the two thirds of the world who are not yet connected to the Internet today. We are looking for someone to join our team to help deploy and operationalize these technologies. This position is full-time and based in our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA.
- Comprehensive wireless and TCP/IP network design and implementation.
- Work with product management to refine wireless hardware and software design.
- Work cross functionally with project management and network engineering to generate implementation plans including Method of Procedure (MOP) and Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Collaborate with New Product Deployment team on business model details and viability.
- Develop requirements, conduct, and document site surveys for local municipality deployments.
- Work with program managers, procurement, engineering, installation teams and vendors to formalize the site design requirements and deployment plans.
- Work cross-functionally with local municipalities, engineering, and 3rd party vendors.
- Perform fault isolation and trouble resolution on hardware, software, and network.
- Oversee network installation of 3rd party vendor.
- Proactively contribute to documentation, automation and processes as they evolve.
- Comprehensive documentation of all deployment processes.
- Maintain technical and training documentation, develop automation and tooling as needed.
- 3+ years experience in managing and troubleshooting IP routing/switching technologies and protocols including TCP/IP, BGP, ISIS, and MPLS in a dual-stack IPv4/6 environment.
- 3+ years experience deploying wireless networks at scale.
- 2+ years with carrier backhaul including mmWave, microwave, core networks, WIFI access points, or WIFI ISP deployments.
- 2+ years experience with physical layer of wireless networks, wireless telecom interfaces, implementation, and debugging.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to lift/move 30-40 pounds.
- 20% to 30% of travel required.
- Technical knowledge of various regional electrical configurations, IEC, NEMA standards, AC/DC power, power redundancy scenarios.
- Certification such as CCNP, JNCIP, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with wireless telecommunications systems and equipment deployment in emerging markets.
- Experience with wireless MIMO technologies, transceiver and antennas.
- Start-up or technical infrastructure experience.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top