Wireless Certification Lead
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Wireless Certification Lead at Facebook Reality Labs, you will drive the wireless certification for the cellular carriers such as Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint for US market. You should also be able to manage the certification requirement including the feature compliance and the deliverables per the milestones set by the carriers following their own specific certification processes. You could work closely with the development to make sure of the right deliverables procured on time for the delivery to the carriers, and should be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with the carriers to explain the technical details on the topics related to the deliverables and the potential issues that may arise throughout the certification processes. As a single PoC for all the matters related to carrier certification, you should be able to manage all the communication with the internal developments and the target carriers for our products.
- Lead the whole wireless certification processes towards the target carriers.
- Analyze the carrier certification requirement and negotiate the feature development scope with the target carriers, and effectively communicate with the internal teams to guide the development scope.
- Work with RF, antenna, systems, SW, and test teams to make sure of the timely delivery of the deliverables to the target carriers.
- Drive the overall certification schedule for the target carriers by closely working with the development and test team.
- Support and work closely with engineering teams to troubleshoot and prepare the right fixes or technical explanations for any issues that may arise throughout the certification processes.
- Build up and maintain the communication channels with the SMEs from the target carriers.
- Attend the carriers' meetings including kick-off and the regular roadmap portfolio update, and any ad-hoc meetings required.
- Domestic and international travel to achieve program milestones.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree.
- 10+ years of experience in wireless consumer mobile products.
- 5+ years of experience in carrier certifications process from beginning to the type approval.
- Knowledgeable in carrier requirements and their deliverables.
- Experience at least two wireless technology including UMTS, LTE and NR.
- Experience with RF conducted and antenna OTA performance impact on product certification and conformance.
- Experience with RF measurement in both conducted and radiated.
- Experience in working on the cellular products such as high-end smartphones from major brands.
- Experience with 5G including mmWave certification.
Back to top