Windows Systems Engineer - Virtual Desktop
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Enterprise Core Services team is responsible for the foundational services used internally at Facebook. The team focuses on delivering highly-available services using well-known, industry standard solutions when practical. A primary goal of the team is to continue to evolve the deployment and management of these services to follow standard Facebook practices and ensure security and scalability. The services we manage include authentication and directory services, public key infrastructure, email, load balancing, and virtual desktop services, among others.
- Work on a team of highly technical and talented Citrix engineers chartered with maintaining the global virtual desktop infrastructure
- Support day-to-day operations and escalations of the overall virtual desktop environment
- Improve and optimize system administration and management with coding and automation
- Understand metrics for measuring success and performance of services to ensure service performance, scalability, stability and security for both existing and new service deployments
- Contribute to meeting KPIs and SLAs through management of task queues
- Support large-scale global disaster recovery exercises while working closely with other infrastructure, production and business teams at Facebook
- Participate in rotational on-call schedule
- 7+ years of experience in Windows OS and core infrastructure support including: Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
- 5+ years of experience in managing virtual desktop environments (Citrix, VMware Horizon, Amazon Workspaces)
- 3+ years of scripting experience in PowerShell or Python
- Knowledge of server hardware and sizing, hypervisor technologies and cross-platform integrations (i.e. heterogeneous operating system support)
- Experience in avoiding or minimizing business impact despite existing technical challenges
- 3+ years of experience with networking principals, firewalls, and load balancers
- 3+ years of experience managing geographically dispersed infrastructure and DR environments
- 3+ years of experience in configuration management (Chef, Puppet, SCCM)
- Scripting experience in Ruby
- Knowledge in VMware
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top