Windows Systems Engineer, Physical Security
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Scalable enterprise infrastructure involves complex mix of databases, applications and infrastructure toolsets. We need our Enterprise applications to be highly secure, available and reliable. Doing this at Facebook-speed involves working on unique ways to improve scalability, robustness and quality of applications running on our Windows infrastructure.This role requires you to work on creating/operating Windows infrastructure for applications providing functions for physical security; you will deliver solutions with speed, security and quick turnaround to the needs of the business. A key ingredient for success in this role is a passion around automation and end-to-end optimization of application scalability, health and uptime.
- Inventory, document and create installation/removal runbooks for windows based services
- Create automated install recipes and implement integrity checks for services (using Chef and Selenium equivalent)
- Create working system level backups and applications that serve a large and distributed set of sites.
- Genetec, CCURE, Traka, BioConnect are some examples.
- Verify and validate Windows based systems and services
- Restoring applications/systems/services from backups
- Create health monitors for Windows based services
- Leveraging monitoring tools such as, but not limited to: Nagios, SCOM
- Work with Powershell, and homegrown automation tools, to scale the infrastructure, implement continuous monitoring and provide a highly automated application patching/upgrades
- 3+ years within a large enterprise sized heterogeneous environment
- 5+ years experience in managing complex windows environments with AD/Exchange
- 3+ years experience in automation (such as WSH/Powershell/Chef, Choclatey, Python)
- 5+ years experience in windows systems administration in VmWare or equivalent environments
- DR/BCP fundamentals, with example content.
- Experience troubleshooting systems
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, PKI/Certificate management in windows environment
- Experience with firewalls and network security
- Experience working in heterogeneous environments such as Linux/MacOSx use/administration
- Experience managing distributed, database-backed applications on Windows.
- Experience with products in Physical Security space (eg. Genetec, CCURE, Traka, BioConnect)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top