Windows Engineer, React Native
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The React Native team is excited to be building out support for React Native on Windows and macOS. The React Native team is partnering deeply with Messenger Desktop to deliver on one of the top company initiatives, Remote Presence. Messenger Desktop is using React Native to bring a delightful native video calling experience to Windows and macOS. With this partnership, the React Native team is building out the capabilities required to enable the product engineers to deliver a successful, high quality product to millions of people.As a Windows Engineer on the React Native team, you will help bring the great experience of React Native on mobile to native desktop Windows applications. You will help drive the direction of React Native on desktop devices, taking advantage of system capabilities not possible with other technologies. You will collaborate with product and infrastructure teams at Facebook, and across the industry with teams at Microsoft and the open source community. This position is full-time.
- Implement features and capabilities in React Native needed by products using React Native Windows
- Architect efficient and reusable systems that drive complex desktop applications
- Improve React Native abstractions to consider desktop capabilities
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Windows UX development, using technologies like WinUI, UWP, or WPF
- Proficiency in C++
- Experience with C++/WinRT or C++/CX
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Back to top