Web (Portal) Content Production Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
We're looking for an experienced person to join our People Services team as the People Content Production Manager. Here at Facebook we are implementing a new employee facing HR portal to replace the existing legacy website. This portal will be the primary place for employees to go for the 'single source of truth' about policies, benefits and life at Facebook. Phase I of the portal replacement effort is focused on establishing the content management system (CMS) platform, a newly developed Information Architecture for content and tools, a refreshed design, and a robust reporting infrastructure (including surveys, page ratings, web analytics, etc.). This portal will be the first stop for employees when they have questions and is intended to be a self-service experience. When employees need assistance, they will use the portal to self-escalate into an assisted support scenario. This will involve integrating with our case management system (CRM) in which cases are stored and managed. It is also expected that the person in this role think strategically and in an employee centered way about the process of moving a person from a self-service experience into assisted support using current portal technologies (chat, chat-bots, forms with imbedded question wizards, etc.) and be a key influencer in continuing to evolve our internal CMS platform. This is an exciting time to join the team as the person selected will participate in the design and development of the overall support channel infrastructure.
- Manage worldwide production of content on the platform including the global staging and publishing process.
- Manage content inventories, content tagging and meta level data, content history/archiving/change management/storage security, as well as overall content integrity.
- Manage content production vendors.
- Reviewing Search (ensure search is optimized through 'best bets', 'paid ads', reviewing cold spot analysis (i.e. pages not trafficked), optimize search results in other enterprise search experiences (eg: Wiki, Facebook, Dex, BunnyLOL, etc.)
- Manage Site-Usage Reporting (content tagging, content taxonomy, reporting interface, etc.)
- Manage Production Reporting (pages updated, retired, created, etc.).
- Work with Content Strategy Manager and content owners (owners of benefits and policies) to optimize content for discoverability, and usefulness.
- Act as a strategic partner with key stakeholder groups including site management, development, localization and other peer teams within Facebook.
- Provide strategy, governance, and documentation for the web production process including performance metrics, SLAs, and engagement models.
- Ensure the site is optimized for use through data analysis of search logs, web analytics, surveys, feedback and heuristic evaluations.
- Manage localization and well as regionalization (i.e. same subject, same language but different content by locale).
- Develop job coverage for CRM operations analyst by ensuring both roles are interchangeable at a moments notice.
- Drive requirements into the overall CMS platform partnering cross functionally with the TPM for CMS and other teams that leverage the platform.
- 5+ years of web industry experience specifically with modern CMS platforms that store XML content and processes.
- Project manager with experience in digital project management tools.
- Experience managing a team of full time employees or vendors on multi-stage projects.
- Production experience with a modern CMS including component and template frameworks
- Experience with stylesheets (CSS) and how 'style' is applied to XML to render HTML, which is then published live.
- Experience porting content from word docs into XML (via scripts, templates, etc.)
- Experience with responsive design.
- Experience collaborating with and leading cross functional teams within business groups, marketing and engineering.
- Communication skills
- Ability to understand and use data to drive decision making and strategy.
- Experience with the front-end web development.
- Exposure to all aspects of digital marketing (Web, SEM, SEO, Direct, Social, CMS, Analytics, Mobile, Development, Localization, etc.)
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously amid ambiguity and without direction.
- Analytical, decision-making, and project-management skills.
- BA/BS degree
- MBA degree
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top