Web Content Producer
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
We're looking for an experienced web producer with content strategy savvy to join our People Experience & Infrastructure (PXI) Team. You'll support the Content Strategy Lead in ongoing efforts to drive the content optimization, maintenance and scaling of Facebook's People Portal: Our personalized, dynamic and data-driven platform for 30,000+ employees across 42 countries. The People Portal was custom-built on Facebook's own Content Management System (CMS); its purpose is to be the Single Source of Truth for work and life at Facebook, empower self-service behavior, provide a seamless channel to escalated support, and provide a delightful user experience. This is an exciting time to join the team; you'll be part of the ongoing design and development of the overall support infrastructure and long-term vision. You'll work directly with program stakeholders, content strategists and writers, content project managers, and developers.
You'll thrive in this role if you are comfortable and enjoy creating content, always with the end-user mind, appreciate the necessity and beauty of consistency, clarity and intuitive categorization, enjoy working on a highly motivated and collaborative team.
- -Manage content inventories, content tagging and meta level data, content history/archiving/change management/storage security, as well as overall content integrity
- -Produce content in the CMS, including staging and publishing
- -Manage production reporting (pages updated, retired, created, etc.) and Site-Usage Reporting (content tagging, content taxonomy, reporting interface, etc.)
- -Review Search (ensure search is optimized through 'best bets', 'paid ads', reviewing cold spot analysis (i.e. pages not trafficked), optimize search results in other enterprise search experiences (eg: Wiki, Facebook, Dex, BunnyLOL, etc.)
- -Provide and maintain documentation for the web production process including performance metrics, SLAs, and engagement models
- Editorial Support & Stakeholder Management
- -Create, review and edit People Portal content as needed, covering a wide array of topics and adhering to a defined set of content standards and style
- -Work directly with 100+ global stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand their pain points, needs and content goals
- -Participate in content management efforts, process development, and quality governance in support of team success, while also working independently on multiple projects as needed
- 7+ years of web industry experience, specifically with modern CMS platforms that store XML content and processes
- Experience with stylesheets (CSS) and how 'style' is applied to XML to render HTML, which is then published live
- Experience porting content from word docs into XML (via scripts, templates, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Communications, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience thinking, planning, and executing as part of a team
- Experience with these topics: benefits, compensation, health care, payroll, and related HR realms
- Experience at an agency, communications consulting practice, in-house communications department or related capacity
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
- Experience developing content documentation strategies, editorial planning systems, templates, creating samples, etc.
- Experience with the front-end web development
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously amid ambiguity and without direction
- Analytical, decision-making, and project-management experience
Back to top