VR UX Engineer, Social VR
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Are you interested in building Social VR experiences which explore and define the future of online social interaction? Do you like iterating prototypes at a rapid pace? Facebook is seeking an experienced VR UX Engineer that is passionate about building VR applications. This position is full-time and is based in our Menlo Park office.
- Architect efficient and reusable 2D and 3D UI system that drive complex VR applications
- Prototyping new interactions and features with an eye toward intuitive usability and feel
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing VR products
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years experience in developing user interfaces in 3D applications
- Experience in 3D math, linear algebra, and techniques
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with other teams to incorporate their feedback and vice versa
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, Gear VR, etc.)
- C++ and/or C# programming experience
- A combination of Windows, Android, and game console programming experience
- Unity 3D experience
- Experience in UX design or game design
- Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top